Saturday, October 1, 2011

A few of the Magnificent Works of Art at the show.

This quilt was the winner of "Best of Show". I can't begin to desribe it to you. The fabrics are hand dyed, there were various types of fabric used - such as velvet. She did all the quilting herself in gold metallic. It was unbelievable.
 Heide snapped a few photos of some of the quilts before thr cameras battery died. Here are just a few of the fabulous quilts.
I've been to many quilt shows and I have never seen such quilting. These quilts were from all over the country. The applique was unbelievable, the tiny piecing was amazing.

I've never considered myself a good sewer or quilter... I just enjoy it for fun. If you want to feel a little inadequate, this is the place. I can't imagine how you even start to plan a quilt like these. Not only the piecing but the quilting. The time it took to make these quilts was worth every minute.
 

This is a close up of one of the blocks from the postage stamp quilt below. The squares were approx 3/4". It was wonderful, hand quilted with perfectly spaced stitches.
I guess I'm more of a traditional quilter. I admire the work in the "Artsy" quilts but I'm drawn to the more original ones. This postage stamp was one of my favorites, it didn't win a ribbon but I gave it a two thumbs up.


No comments: