Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A gift from a treasured friend.

 I have a friend that I don't see very often but is very special to me,  her name is Georgia. We met back in 1968 when we both moved to Burnsville. We lived across the street from each other. A friendship started back then and remains today. The two of us have been through thick and thin and even thinner!!! We've cut each others hair, TP'd the neighbors, made prank phone calls, babysat together and skipped school, (the stories about the notes we wrote for the absence is a scream) and we were in each others weddings, I think you get the picture.
 Last week she stopped in the shop and brought me this wonderful tea set. It's a well know fact that I love Lamps, old wooden chairs and tea cups. Almost every morning in the spring, summer and fall I sit on my deck and enjoy coffee and tea - in a nice china cup. This was a wonderful present. It's getting a little cold out so I was afraid I wouldn't be able to use it on the deck before the snow. Well, this morning I got up, made the coffee and grabbed a quilt.  I drank my coffee on the deck from this lovely dragonfly cup.
The detail on the handle of the dragonfly is so sweet.  I love the tiny spoon with the leaf handle and the dainty tray to set it on. It was perfect. I was so wrapped up in the quilt, it was refreshing and so quiet.
Thank you Georgia for the lovely tea set and as always for your friendship.

Patti


No comments: