Friday, September 30, 2011

Friends at the show.



Today was day three of the show. We were fairly busy all day. One of my favorite things about doing a few shows per year... seeing friends. This is Shelly and her husband Dan. Two of the nicest people you could ever know.
Shelley is the owner of The Quilted Forest Quilt Shop  in Forest City, IA. and the designer of the "Pieced Tree Patterns"... those little laminated cards you see all over our shop (and most shops). Her booth was just a few aisles over from us. Really creative quilts and displays. Lots of bright inviting kits to choose from.
Another wonderful, fun person is Shelley's sidekick - Sue Ann. She's doing a demo on the Go Baby by Accucut.
Then down the line was another friends booth, Karen from "Seams to Me". I met Karen about 19 years ago when Barb and I went to Quilt Market in Houston and then would see her when we did  the Des Moines Guild show at the fair grounds. Funny how the years have flown and how you can just chat like you saw each other a week ago.
   

Another familiar face a the show, Gruber's Quilt Shop. Sue and Theresa were there demo'ing and selling kits and notions.
Sue's a fun lady and has one of the most well known Quilt Shops in Minnesota. I don't get to see her that often but it's always nice.
 Country Threads was there. It's been years since I've seen Connie and Mary. Their booth was full of fun halloween stuff, lots of wool and punch needle. Kinda made me think of getting in more of the punch needle supplies. 

 It was good to see some old friends, I made a few new ones and I look forward to seeing them again. We already told AQS that Heide and I will be back next October. The two of us are really looking forward to it.



No comments: