Thursday, May 5, 2011

What do you get when you mix Wool, glue, floss and a Lamp?


Today was a kick back and work on a few projects - kind of day.
There have been a few new projects that I've been wanting to work on for a while. This one requires, wool pennies, glue, embroidery floss, needle and scissors. And don't forget the lamp.
I started with an assortment of 4 different size wool pennies in a variety of colors. I chose Black, Dark and Light Rust, Gold, and shades of Brown. The wool included tweeds, hounds tooth, and plaids. Next I layered the pennies into stacks of two's, three's and fours and tacked them in the center with glue to hold them together.
Using two strands of black embroidery floss, I blanket stitched around each penny.
I had gone to Target this morning to find the perfect lamp. This lamp is black metal, small and the shade almost looks like tan linen. Perfect color to go with the variety of wools I'm using.
( the next picture shows it alot lighter than it is)

When I had all my pennies stitched, I started to glue them in place on the lamp shade. I am really pleased with the results. It turned a plain lamp into a really warm accent piece.


I have enough pennies left over to make a little topper for the lamp to sit on.
They'll be in the shop when I get them finished. If you enjoy a little handwork, this project was fun. We"ll have bags of pennies pre-cut for you if you would like to make one for your home.


1 comment:

Pam said...

Patty,

I love it!

Pam