Thursday, August 27, 2009

My "Sew and Tell"

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Terry Atkinson Rocks!!! Here is my "Fire Escape" quilt that I made at Terry's Shop Owners Retreat in July. (excuse the strange way it's displayed, I just pinned it up on the bolts so I could get a quick shot before I went home)

This in one of the nicest quilt patterns I've made in a long while. As always, it was easy to understand and fun to make. I know this one's going to be a hit so I doubled my pattern order. Kits are all cut and just waiting for the patterns to arrive. If you would like a kit, give the shop a call and we'll put one aside with your name on it.

When you stop in the shop, look at the fun quilting that Patti H. (Quilts from the Trail) did on it. She always knows exactly what's going to enhance each quilt. Kudo's to her for the fantastic job. Also, if I hadn't gotten my Bernina from Bear Patch my seams wouldn't be as accurate. I had been using a featherweight and it sewed OK but I was not very consistant on my 1/4". I love my new machine and it's really made me want to sew . Thank you Laurel.

While I write this, Lily Jane is laying on my lap, purring and watching the words as I type. She is quite the character. We love her dearly... just wish that she'd set her alarm for a little later than 5:30 in the morning. That's the time she starts pouncing us.

Have a good day tomorrow Patti

No comments: