Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hot Summer Days at the Fair

Yesterday was the first day of the Dakota County Fair in Farmington.

This is the first time Fabric Town has had a booth and I wasn't sure what to expect. So far it has been alot of fun. I've seen a lot of our customers, chatted with some friendly ladies that are interested in taking classes and also a few gentlemen. Nice to share stories with the men about the quilts they had as children. Many still have the worn out, very loved quilts their grandmothers made them. Nothing like an heirloom to pass down, no matter what the condition.

I did get a chance to check out the animals. OK, so the piglets are not tiny. I expected about 5 lbs and pink... 40 pounds and all colors. I found out that they were as afraid of me as I was of them.

Goats were the next to be viewed. I petted a couple that were friendly and glad to have someone rub their heads. Turns out they have been bottle fed since birth so they are more like dogs.
From there I went to the Cow barn.... HUGE!!! Don't know much about farm animals but I was perceptive enough to know which were Dairy Cows. Didn't know the difference in a Bull and a Steer... OUCH!!! I know now -sorry Fella's.

I haven't tried any of the food yet. The corn dogs look pretty tasty and the "Fresh Squeezed Lemonade" sounds refreshing. I will have to give them a try when I get a break.

I'm bringing some hand work with me today. The hours for the fair are 10:00 AM until 10:00 PM, so I'll need something to do while sitting here. I thought about bringing my machine but there's not enough room.

Hope you can make it out to see us!

Patti

No comments: