Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Autumn, my favorite season...

Just finished my wool table runner. Great project, especially if you've never worked with wool - it's the most forgiving medium. Just stitch around the edges with a primitive stitch or a button hole stitch and it's done.. The part you're seeing in the photo is only half of it, the other side is the same with a nice space in the middle to put a harvest candle.



This adorable wall hanging was made by Becky's daughter Christy. Hard to believe it's her first attempt at working with wool. She is very good at it and has made several wonderful samples for you to enjoy.


I love to decorate around the house or the shop with Holiday dishes, vases etc. I was at a thrift shop and found these "Leaf" dishes and was thrilled. There are 4 to the set, 2 smaller green ones (not pictured) and these two.
They are alot larger than they appear in this photo. We have the large one on the table holding a few kits for a table runner Theresa made.
The smaller one is holding the kits for my wool project.
The added touches really add to the Fall feeling.

I don't know if it's the wonderful cool - crisp nights that I like so much. Maybe it's the colors. One thing for sure - I love pumpkins and Mums. Pretty soon my deck will have both on it and I'm sure the shop will too.

Stop in and check out our new fall and winter fabrics and projects. We've got something for everyone.


Later, Patti

No comments: