Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's starting to get harder

I've been doing alright for the past week. Once the decision was made to close, I felt better. Yesterday when half my antiques were picked up and I saw how empty the shop was getting - it really hit me. I'm trying to apply the Positive Polly attitude and look forward to the next chapter in my life.

I'm not sure which direction I want to go. I do know that for awhile I will be taking it easy and decompressing.

My plans so far include...a little house cleaning. You all understand how hard it is to clean when you have creative juices flowing. So, it's time to deal with that. Then I would like to learn to knit or crochet again. I plan on signing up for a few classes at The Twisted Loop Yarn Shop in Prior Lake.  Who better to teach me than Jenni. Maybe Quahog will get a handmade sweater this year.

I want to start quilting. For the past 4 years I did very little sewing. For those who think that when you own a quilt shop you get to fondle the fabric and sew, sew, sew... not so true. You have alot of bookwork, ordering, bills to pay... and the list goes on. The fun is there but not the time for the sewing. Now that I don't have deadlines on projects etc, it should regain the fun part. I plan on taking a class at Bear Patch.  Laurel knows my skill level so I won't get in over my head. 

I have been invited to join the Prior Lake Guild. The ladies are fantastic and I've wanted to join for years but the time was never there. They have even asked me to join their Christmas Group. I am looking forward to joining, they're a fun group and we always enjoyed being a guest at their meetings.

Offers have come in for job opportunities, luncheons and I've been asked to come work the upcoming shop hop at different shops. All sound wonderful and I thank you. Who knows what I'll do next - I'll be around.

 I'm especially excited that we are still having Kim Diehl come in August. I've been putting the kits together all week. Will finally finish them up and get them distributed and mailed off. I think that this will be a great final act for our shop. I know that I'm really excited to finally meet Kim, we've talked on the phone - she has a fantastic personality and I know her event is going to be a time to remember.

One thing for sure, this past 21 years with Fabric Town has run the gambit from exciting, interesting, fun, frustrating and fantastic. Add the friendships to that and you have the best parts of working and owning the shop. I thank everyone of you for that. 

I'll keep posting as we wind down. I think we'll probably be going til -maybe- mid July. It depends on how fast we clear out. 

Patti





No comments: