Saturday, July 23, 2011

Other Patti's Garden


I spent yesterday with Patti H... known to many as "Other Patti".We worked on the class schedule, finished up some loose ends for the upcoming Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop and then just relaxed.

I had to share these pictures of Pattis garden. Right now she's getting ready to go to Michigan to pack up her Mother and bring her back to move into her house.So, on top the things she does for the shop, she also has her long arm business and is re-vamping her entire home to accommodate her Mother and all her Mother's belongings.
When I was looking at her gardens,I loved the Shabby Chic, English Garden feeling I got. Patti said she hadn't had time to take care of them lately.Between the nasty weather, then the house re-do and trying to keep up on the customer quilting, the gardens had to take a back burner.I found them quite charming. She has a lot of little added touches that give each garden a special feel. The little bird house on the rusty milk can, the little iron chair sitting in the corner. So, there may be a few weeds... life is full of a few weeds.
This was so cute, just an added touch of color.
While I was taking the pictures a Monarch butterfly was floating in and out of the flowers. It's been years since I've seen one. That just added to the tranquil feel.
I hope you enjoyed seeing Pattis garden. I know I'll go back and spend a little more time there before summer ends. Maybe enjoy it with her Mom.

Thanks Patti H, for a fun day.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Nice garden!

Pam M.