Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas plans are made..

Tonight is Christmas Eve. I'm hoping everyone's ready and can spend the next few days enjoying time with family and friends.

For the first time in years Jeff and I are going to his brothers house for Christmas Eve. We usually have to stay around here. My Mother's in a nursing home and I can't go away on a Holiday with a clear conscience  and leave her alone. She says it doesn't matter to her, she'll watch TV. That's not my idea of celebrating Christmas. So, today I'll go over and visit her in the morning. My sister will come in the afternoon and open gifts with her and spend a little time.

Tomorrow, Christmas Day, I'll go back to open the gifts Jeff and I purchased for her.  I'll watch a little television with her, I'm sure there's a John Wayne marathon on... next to my father that was the love of her life. So needless to say, she never misses any of the marathons. 

Jeff is heading up North to his Mothers, the family is having a dinner and it sounds like almost all are coming. It's a 3 hour drive to their house and I am not able at this time to drive that long. It's been quite awhile since I have gotten together with all his sisters and brother. He has the most fantastic family, I lucked out in the In-Laws department.I love spending time with them all. 

Until Jeff comes home, Quahog and I have a plan for our night. After I leave my Mothers, we're going to finish up a little sample I've been working on for the shop and then watch a little TV ourselves. (for the record - NOT John Wayne)

Well, that's the plan for my holiday. I hope everyone has a peaceful and relaxing time. If you're traveling, be safe.

Merry Christmas to all....
Patti

No comments: