Friday, April 15, 2011

Pincushions

I think everyone loves a pincushion, especially when they're unique.

When walking through our shop you can see several different types and styles. Here are a few that Mary Rickart made. They've been at the shop for awhile, but with Spring just around the corner they're really in demand.

I love the "Fruit Salad" by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. Miss Rosie always has wonderful quilt patterns - and these are no different.


As always, Mary did a fantastic job when making them. I love embellishing and the beading really adds alot. My favorite is the Watermelon slice, the side stitching and beads are great.

The Strawberry and Watermelon slice are stuffed with crushed walnut shells. I think the Strawberry weighs about 2 lbs. The shells give nice weight as well as help keep your pincushion upright. If you've never used the crushed walnut shells, try them - I know you'll like the way they feel. You can get them at a pet store in the reptile section.

Are you into Wool??? I've said it before, I love working with it. Wool is one of the easiest materials. You can do your project "Primitive" or fancy it up with beading, embroidery, lace and lots of other embellishments.
These wool pincushion were also made by Mary. The pattern is designed by Birdbrain Designs. With Spring just around the corner, these are really popular.

Lately, I see our customers pick them up, and smile. With the long winter, I really think just looking at the soft colors and flowers makes everyone feel good. The bee and lady bug are so cute. Just a small amount of embroidery adds a cute touch.

If you're looking for a fun project, stop in and take a look at these patterns. We'll be glad to help you.

No comments: