Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week One... weigh in.

Got up early this morning to beat the snow... it was my first weigh in since I started my weight loss journey. I was determined not to let anything stop me from finding out how I did.

I went to the club 3 times this week. Walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes each time. With these hips and knees - that was all I could do. I did manage to up the speed by day three. Next week, I'll start on the machines. Ken the trainer is going to show me how to use the ones I need.

I lost -4.4 lbs. my first week. I was pleased with that loss especially considering yesterday was our 8th Quilt "Sewcial", that means a fabulous Pizza buffet at Old Chicago, salads, garlic toast, chili and lots of munchies, brownies and cake. UGH.... not on my first week!!!

I had salad for lunch, limited the dressing. Ate carrots, celery and cauliflower from the veggie tray I brought. Thought ahead to bring a little cooler with Greek Yogurt and string cheese.... it helped me cut the hunger before the Pizza was brought out for dinner.

If you like yogurt, try Chobani Greek Yogurt. I don't like thin, runny yogurt. Greek Yogurt is creamy but thick. The fruit on the bottom tastes like fresh fruit, especially the peach. I love it - and only 3 points on WW. 14 grams of protein and NO Fat. Give it a try.

Now for the pizza. I asked the cook at Old Chicago to make sure we had a plain cheese and a veggie pizza along with the others. That way I could enjoy a few slices and keep track of the points. WW lists Old Chicago in their Dining Out book, so I knew in advance what I was having. After the day ended, I was confident that I had kept within my daily points budget.

I love the new WW plan. Now that fruits and most veggies are free, I feel fuller from healthy foods instead of snacking on junk.

I will post the results of the other ladies following as soon as they let me know how they did.

Hope it's going well for you.... til next time.
Patti

1 comment:

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Congratulations! Wahoo for you!