Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just playin' around.


Since I was a little girl I've always liked little boxes or containers to put things in.

Becky showed me one of these in a magazine and I thought I'd give it a try.

I painted the box with FolkArt - Butter Pecan paint. While that was drying, I blanket stitched my wool pennies together.

When they were totally sewn and the box was dry - I took a little glue and attached the penny to the top of the lid.

Now to put some fun things inside. I was thinking it would be nice to put a few spools of thread some needles, pins and a thimble and use it for binding or applique projects. This little box is too small for a scissors, even the tiny ones we have at the shop. I am going to do a taller box next and a scissors will fit in.

What a cute gift this would make for a friend.

No comments: