Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy, soggy 4th of July

UGH, the weatherman predicted rain yesterday and today. He got it half right. Yesterday was sunny, humid but a fantastic Summer day. Today, it's raining in a steady down pour. So much for a 4th of July picnic at a park.

I watched families set up on the sidewalk yesterday, reserving a good spot to watch the parade today. I hope this rain lets up enough so they can still enjoy it.

Trying to be a "Positive Polly" so if you look on the bright side, the farmers will appreciate the steady rain for their crops. Took a ride yesterday and saw some fantastic fields of corn. That "Knee high by the fourth of July" phrase is a thing of the past.... with all the hybrids they have these days the corn is past my shoulders in some fields.

I can't wait to bite into an ear, one of my favorite foods... add a Von Hanson's hot dog, baked beans and I am a happy lady. I'm making myself hungry just writing this.

I hope you all have a safe 4th and try not to let the weather spoil your fun.

Patti

No comments: